With nearly 80% of businesses experiencing four or more disruptions to their site each month, Aberdeen Group recently conducted a study to get to the root of today's internet performance challenges.
Read the findings and discover how companies:
Improve resolution times resulting from web outages - 65% of companies experience an hour or more to repair an internet related outage
Increase customer satisfaction by 30% - A consistent, reliable and fast web experience is your key to happy, loyal customers
Protect revenue - 60% of businesses record a minute of downtime resulting in a $1,000 loss in revenue
Are your online services and sites built for resiliency or destined for the headlines? Get the report to find out how leading organizations are bucking the stats and implementing Internet Performance Management (IPM ) tools to boost time to resolution and improve site performance.
We all know that hybrid cloud adoption is exploding, with 80% of enterprises having at least some infrastructure in the cloud. This growth includes increased use of the internet to deliver applications, sites and services to employees, partners and customers. These companies need an internet performance management (IPM) strategy to ensure those services reach users effectively, starting with DNS.
Join Trip Kucera and Dyn VP, Gary Sloper, as they discuss the impact of cloud and internet infrastructure across the cloud adoption lifecycle. Key focus points include:
• Optimizing round trip times and latency, from time to first byte, to internet routing
• Understanding and comparing cloud service providers
• Protecting your service from route hijacks, DDoS attacks and mitigating vulnerabilities.
Watch this short Video Webinar and learn how focusing on the DNS layer can help you plan, migrate and optimize your way to cloud success!
IPM offers unparalleled visibility across the Internet allowing you the ability to optimize infrastructure costs, mitigate risk, and protect your revenue. Unlike APM and NPM which only provide visibility into your applications or internal network respectively, IPM provides a complete end-to-end view of the public Internet so you can:
- Decide where to host content and applications for top performance
- Determine the impact website partners, such as cloud providers and ISPs, have on web responsiveness
- Identify optimal cloud hosts, NSPs, CDNs, and SaaS providers for Internet traffic, by region
- Monitor and measure service provider performance and SLA compliance
In this report, author and middle-mile expert Andy Still maps your cloud journey from initial preparation to having your own highly performant cloud-based system.
At each stage, you’ll learn the best methods for optimizing Internet Performance by understanding:
• The nature of your application
• The characteristics of your end users
• The way various cloud providers can connect one to the other
Download this whitepaper and learn:
- The six macro trends driving the need for application, network and Internet performance management solutions
- Key insights you've been missing when it comes to your portfolio of online assets, and how they interact with the public Internet
- How you can receive a true "end-to-end" view into Internet performance and ensure availability and implement advanced traffic steering capabilities to your existing infrastructure
Web applications are often the most vulnerable part of a company’s infrastructure and yet are typically given direct paths to the internet, thus leaving these vulnerabilities exposed. IBM commissioned Tolly to evaluate IBM Security Access Manager for its Web protection effectiveness and performance as well as its identity federation, risk management and mobile one-time password capabilities. Tolly found that IBM Security Access Manager provided effective, high-performance threat protection while conveniently providing identity federation features and flexible risk-based access options.
"Today's internet-dependent business landscape demands frequent system changes, higher throughput and increased reliability. If your new features and fixes do not hit the digital market quickly, user experience, customer retention and revenue all take a hit. DNS however, is a tool that can be used to both mitigate problems and optimize the performance and delivery of these systems. Read the latest O'Reilly book to understand how the DevOps approach combined with the fundamentals of DNS can:
• Use DNS as a means of distribution, deployment and high-availability
• Mitigate failure and minimize risk
• Improve system reliability and management
Get the O'Reilly Book!
The Internet of Things (IoT) is connecting our world in ways that were unimaginable 10 years ago—collecting data on everything we do and using it to streamline our daily activities. In doing so, IoT is changing the way that consumers think about service. Service organizations must be prepared to support these new customer expectations to ensure continued satisfaction to strengthen and foster loyalty.
Additionally, IoT is making its way into the enterprise, especially among organizations in industries like utilities, oil and gas, medical devices, manufacturing and telecommunications. Connected devices enable more efficient processes for maintenance and repair by constantly providing information on machines’ performance, environmental conditions, and possible failures. For example, a connected washing machine in a customer’s home could automatically send out an error report to the manufacturer when it experiences a failure. This is where field service management comes in.
This whitepaper reviews three fundamental reasons to add IPM services to your performance management arsenal including:
• Performance management considerations for websites and cloud-based services
• The role APM and NPM solutions can play in optimizing code and enterprise IT infrastructure
• How complementary IPM services can help you make educated cloud and network service provider partnering decisions to improve user experiences, customer interactions, and business outcomes
New cloud-based Internet performance management (IPM) services are changing the way organizations monitor, control and optimize their online infrastructures. They fill the gap APM and NPM tools leave behind by providing valuable insights into the dynamics of the Internet so you can make better informed network planning and partnering decisions. The results, you deliver a consistent and reliable customer experience, protecting your brand and your revenue.