To move your business from its current state to the connected enterprise, you have to define a common API to your database and other systems, while providing the infrastructure to support the new model. The new systems must incorporate the security safeguards while ensuring the infrastructure can support the
new growing, but variable, load. With the rapid adoption of mobile and web-based services across the industry, the REST architecture has emerged as the de facto standard for API integration across systems. This white paper addresses the concepts of REST, creating REST APIs for your databases and integrating with other systems:
• What is REST?
• Why use REST for database access?
• Building REST infrastructure for database access
• The REST enabled database
• Integrating REST with other services
• Criteria for selecting REST services platform