Why read this paper?
If you have been involved in or are looking to start building workflow-based apps in SharePoint and want to be aware of the challenges and find solutions, this paper will help you.
• Limited visual design capabilities.
• Workflow design is rigid and drives code.
• Building initiation and task forms beyond standard SharePoint forms is now a development exercise.
• Integrating with SharePoint data from other sites and farms is complicated.
• Integrating line-of-business systems into your workflow solutions is a highly technical exercise.
• Deploying your solution across environments is hard.
• Error reporting is limited and recovery is in most cases not possible.
• Managing hybrid, on premises and cloud environments or planning for migration is incredibly difficult.
BUILD AND RUN RELIABLE SHAREPOINT WORKFLOW APPS.