Colocation services may seem like nothing more than a commodity. But, with applications supporting your key customer interactions and business functions, all aspects of your IT infrastructure need to be scrutinized – including your colocation provider. From physical location to network integration, what appear to be minor differences between providers can have a profound impact on the overall performance of your business.
Whether it's an improved customer experience, uptime for critical applications or better alignment of IT with your business priorities, careful consideration of your colocation services provider will impact your ability to achieve these goals. And, there are questions you should be asking to ensure an optimal deployment:
- Does the colocation provider have a wide breadth of capabilities?
- How close is the colocation provider's data center?
- What are the connectivity options between your site and the colocation data center?
- How does the colocation provider ensure security and compliance?
- What kind of support resources are available?
- What are the power and cooling capabilities of the center that will house your equipment?
Read “Six Important Considerations When Choosing a Colocation Provider,” now, and make sure you are taking everything into consideration as you go down this path for your business.